Global Pet Expo 2011 Surprises & Transcends
Orlando, FL – The $50 billion pet market may just bigger – given the depth and variety of products displayed at the show and the big announcements like the unveiling of the Human Animal Bond Research Foundation (HABRI) and the Backer $10,000 commitment to the Pets in the Classroom initiative. Best booth went to Bayer Animal Healthcare, portending a trend for next year of both innovation and additional entries in the pet products market. According to show managers, the show exceeded expectations in both number of attendees and booth space.
This year's show was a three day weekday show -- a surprise and welcome relief from all from one more weekend away from home. In addition to a variety of new product press briefings, the New Products Showcase winners were announced by Dr. Marty Becker:
- Aquatics -- Desktop Jelly Fish Tank by Jellyfish Art, LLC
- Bird -- Polly Wanna Pinata New Generation by Fetch-It Pets, Inc.
- Boutique -- Plush Bottle Toy by Doggles
- Cat -- Earthly Elements II by Ware Manufacturing
- Dog -- JW Pet Dog Toys by JW Pet Company, Inc.
- Natural Pet -- Freezy Pups by Head of the Pack
- Reptile -- Tetrafauna Viquarium by United Pet Group
- Small Animal -- Bamboo Bio Bowls and Eco-Friendly feeders by Ware Manufacturing
- Point of Purchase – Orbee-Tuff Counter-Top Display by Planet Dog
There were several other products goodnewsforpets liked as well. Check these out on our goodnewsforpets.com facebook page and a few more thoughts on our goodnewsforpets.com blog on more new products and trends – senior pet products, made in the U.S.A., treats, natural and eco-friendly products and yes, the chicken phenomena.
For the latest information on this and next year's show, visit Global Pet Expo.